Sunday 1 August 2021

Greetings and Introduction

 Dear Students,

Greetings and Introductions is one of the most important topics in Conversational English. We use greetings and introductions in our first time interaction with people.

There are formal and informal greetings and that some of them can be used in both contexts or situations.

                                                 GREETINGS & INTRODUCTION

Write these expressions in your notebook and practice it.

Expressions for  Greetings:

  • Hello/ Hi
  • Good morning/ Good afternoon/ Good evening
  • Hi, How are you?
  • Hello, How are you?
  • Hello, everybody.
  • Good morning friends/ Good morning guys
  • Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.
  • Good evening sir/ Madam.
  • Hi, Sujata.
  • Hey, what's going on?  etc.

Expressions to Respond to  Greetings:

  •  I am fine
  • I am pretty good.
  • As usual fit &fine.
  • I am doing great.
  • I am good.
  • Not bad
  • Not feeling well today.  etc.
  • Nice to meet you.
  • Good to see you.
  • Glad to meet you
  • Happy to see you           etc.
    

Expressions for Introducing:

 Hello, what's your name?
Ans: 
  •     I am____________ ( your name)
  •    My name  is________________
  •    This is_____________________
 
Greeting and Introductions Dialogue 

Prashant  :  Hello, Good morning. I am Prashant.
Sujata       : Hello. I am sujata. 
Prashant   : How are you, Sujata?
Sujata       : I am good. Thank you. What about you?
Prashant   :  I am also fine.
Sujata       : Nice to meet you,Prashant.
Prashant   : Same here, Sujata. 


*******************************************************************************************
  Next Topic :  Leave taking 







No comments:

Post a Comment

History of Novel MCQ Test-05

  Unit 4.1 History of Novel - MCQs Maharashtra State Board, English Yuvakbharati Class-12  History of Novel MCQs -Class 12 The History of No...